ETA: Okay, something that got eaten by blogger while I fought with the editing window in my other browser is that it isn't originally a diaperbag - it's a smallish medium-sized purse with lots o' pockets, as I despise most diaper bags, even the non-fluffy-bunny styles. I had intended to make my own diaper bag, but never got around to it. So I went hunting for one that fit my idea of what I wanted (I'd had the perfect purse-cum-small-diaperbag when FX was little, but gave it away to a friend who needed one), I hunted all over and found it at Target, I think. For 10 bucks. Cheap is good, and even more so if it doesn't fall apart (it's going on 2 years old now).
And it's about 10 x 7 x 8. A little bigger than I wanted, but still quite compact unless I stuff it.
This, then, is my purse:
Wait. Mr. Giant Baby decided to "help" by violently shaking me while I snapped the photo. Let's try that again.
Okay, this is my purse. Lots of pockets. The silver zipper pocket is "my zone" and the pockets in front contain my things.
Yes, that includes cigarettes, but honestly, I only smoke one a day, at most, and I never finish them. And I smoke outside. Also, there is the wallet with red flames which my husband bought me so I wouldn't lose it. So, of course, I have, several times. But I did always find it again...
Arranged according to their position in the purse are:
- from side pocket one: A bottle of Little Noses cold/allergy drops; A bottle of Infant Tylenol Dye-Free; a tube of baby Orajel (it is a diaper bag! I swear!)
- from silver-zipper pocket: Pens mixed with some penlike makeup (eyeliner, mascara, coverup); checkbook; crumpled piece of paper; a penny; a large paperclip; Makeup (liquid, powder, lipstick, eyeshadow); an expansion pack for Chez Geek
- from side pocket two: hand sanitizer (diaper bag!); a selection of emergency tampons.
- My wallet, which has lots of cards, a bunch of receipts, a small pen, and one dollar, just in case.
Next we have the contents of the inside and back pockets, minus the stinky diapers and wet bag, because those go straight into the diaper can when we get home. We have:
- Several random pieces of paper. I have no idea whose phone numbers those are. I think this came from my husband's pocket, actually.
- A pale yellow plastic fork-spoon-sporky thing
- The sewing pattern for Laura's dress.
- Two fortune cookie fortunes.
- Three velcro tiedowns (seriously, these belong in every diaperbag).
- baby wipes (diaperbag!)