Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I Can Has Ravelry!!!!

I got my invite ... yesterday? Perhaps it was Monday. It's all a blur.

OMGWTFBBQ. It's great, even with the bugs and incompleteness. I'm trying to figure out how to best help with the live beta development. It was so worth waiting 3 months for (I signed up in early May or late April, I'm not sure which.), and I love it. I have only entered a few stash yarns, a few of the most interesting WIPS and FO's, and spent most of my time just browsing around and using the features. Also, it complements my other fiber-focused online stuff, instead of replacing it.

I have to say that I love having what amounts to a customized newsfeed of my favorite bloggers and online fiber-freinds, the forums are fantastic (only what you actually scroll past gets marked read, wow!), and the patterns, and the yarn, and the...

(cut for interlude of unintelligible enthusiastic blithering)

Okay, if you have not yet signed up, go ahead and do it. It's great, and I can't wait to see it in a non-beta version.

Did I mention it's GREAT? Yeah, like the cereal. I could eat it up.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your help with the spinning wheel question - I'm going to see if I can get the wheel set up as you suggested - and welcome to Ravelry!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, so do not be alarmed if your comment doesn't show up immediately.