Saturday, August 02, 2003

I wanna go home...

I read 's journal entry on how she's going to an event in Ansteorra today, and I got all homesick.

Alas, I'm stuck in southern Caid until at least October, with a closetful of garb that fit my pre-baby body much better than now. The people here are wonderful, and I've finally gotten to meet a lady whose research into German Ren has impressed me for years, BUT... I'm sitll homesick. I misssed the entire reign of a King and Queen who I really like, several arts comps I had wanted to enter, my family back home, my freinds. I missed the presentation of the first piece of Regalia that I ever had a hand in creating. My SCA 'parents' are back there too, and my 'little sister' just went into the air force, and I didn't get to see her off.

I'm just mopey today.

About that garb...Even if my figure is better (meaning that I seem to have finished developing at the ripe old age of 32, and I actually HAVE a figure now), it's still a pain to have to alter things. Everything is too small in the bust, too big in the arms (breastfeeding actually uses up that 'wibbly bit' - that's what your body puts fat there for!), and too big in the waist (I've been losing wieght since I left my ex andmost of my garb dates from before that.. And I don't seem to have time to finish the new stuff that's already cut out.

Whine, whine, whine.

I'm also all wound up about wanting to get down to remaking my German Ren, which is sitting happily in a box in my storage in TX. And then there's the box of sari silk that I want to try making a couple of bliauts out of. Argh.

You always want what you can't have...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, so do not be alarmed if your comment doesn't show up immediately.