Saturday, May 30, 2009

Flowers



So, I have this garden. I planted some lovely silvery perennials in it a couple of years ago, and they have gotten big. Every time I clip them back I get these spectacular silvery canes with tiny daisy like yellow flowers on them. I've been using them in floral arrangements because they are so minimal and striking.



It's an ornamental Artemesia, and I have arranged it here with a few long stalks of English Lavender. I left enough canes in my garden to make arrangements for weeks, and next time it'll probably be paired with prunings from my out-of-control Rosemary plants.

Once I get my garden re-mulched and thoroughly weeded, I'll post this years progress pictures. For now, I think it't enough to say that I can bring cut flowers in and display them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Comments are moderated, so do not be alarmed if your comment doesn't show up immediately.