Okay, i wanted to blog about something besides the baby sweater I'm making out of sock yarn (It looks like a washcloth at this stage and I've been working on it for 2 weeks), so I volunteered to be interviewed by Nayuh of Hello There! Here goes!
1. What three things would you take with you to a deserted island?
Probably knitting (this means all of it, plus the stash), books and an MP3 player full of music with a bottomless battery. That's teh totally dream-perfect-vacation list.
Practically? A knife, a spool of good strong twine, layerable clothes that I could potentially use for other stuff (like a net shirt ... for washing stuff in the ocean). As long as there was other stuff already there (like fruit, water, trees, animals), I'd work things out.
2. What one thing would you make illegal if you had that power?
Stupidity. I mean the willful kind that people/companies use as an excuse to injure others.
Also selfishness. And meanness. Most of the other stuff is already illegal.
3. What one thing would you never buy in a dollar store, no matter how much of a bargain it was?
Food. Dollar store food just creeps me out. It's always the stuff that nobody would buy at a regular store because it's too nasty. If I'm going to spend a buck on food, I'll go buy a bag of rice - at least then I know what's going into my body.
4. What is your dream job?
Easy! Getting paid to do creative work. All my most beloved jobs (except one) have been creative work - graphic design, costume design, set design, window dressing, house restoration. I once took a life-size dummy to work on the bus, for a window display at the bookshop I worked in, and even the scary/crazy people moved away from me!
5. What is your least favorite household chore?
I hate folding/putting away laundry. Hate it. I also hate it when I can't find my underpants, though, so I have to put my clothes away.
Want to play? Here’s the scoop:
1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.